High School Graduates
Successful completion of Grade 12 examinations in a University Preparatory Program with an overall average of at least 70% (75% for Quebec Secondary V students) in the following subjects:
- one Social Studies or Language;
- any 3 other academic courses. Grade 12 math recommended. Note. Grade 12 Math is a prerequisite for some 1st year Art courses.
- any two Social Studies, Languages or Sciences,
- and one other academic course.
- Grade 12 Academic English
- Grade 12 Academic Mathematics
- Two Grade 12 Academic Science subjects (acceptable subjects: Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Computer Science, Oceanography, Animal Science, Environmental Science)
- One additional Grade 12 Academic course
Some introductory Science courses at UPEI have high school prerequisites (Biology 131 – at least academic grade 11 Biology; Chemistry 111 – at least academic grade 12 Chemistry; Physics 111 – at least grade 12 Physics)
- Social Studies electives include the following: Economics, Global Issues, Canadian and PEI History, and Advanced Political Science.
- Exceptional students from Grade XI may be considered for admission.
- Applications will be considered from students who have completed programs of study in CEGEP, Community Colleges or CAAT. Transfer credits, if any, will be considered on an individual basis.