William Paterson Celebrates 50 Years of the Nursing Program
Bodies in Balance: Campus Comes Together to Promote Healthy Living
Randall Sanders ’16 connects grade 3-12 students to natural geoscience processes in their local urban national park
Nursing Professor Leo-Felix M. Jurado Named 2016 American Academy of Nursing Fellow
College of Science and Health
Will. Power. Video
William Paterson University s College of Science and Health provides outstanding undergraduate and graduate programs and state-of-the-art facilities that place the University at the forefront of science education in New Jersey.
The College s ten departments biology, chemistry, computer science, communication disorders and sciences, environmental science, kinesiology, mathematics, nursing, physics, and public health include more than 100 full-time faculty who are accomplished teachers, researchers, and grant winners. They foster an environment that combines intellectual inquiry with the learning of practical skills, while nurturing and guiding students toward success in their future roles as knowledgeable and responsible employees and citizens.
When you enroll in the College of Science and Health, you will benefit from a wide range of hands-on learning opportunities. The University s expanded and renovated, 232,000-square-foot Science Complex features smart classrooms and sophisticated research laboratories designed to encourage an interactive learning environment.
Advances in computer and scientific technology are explored and used in the classrooms. Biological and environmental studies students utilize woods, ponds, streams, and a waterfall, all accessible from the campus. Students in health-related subjects receive valuable experience in the many health facilities in northern New Jersey. In addition, nursing students benefit from the Nel Bolger, RN, Nursing Laboratory, a high-tech patient simulation laboratory suite that enables them to enhance proficiency with decision-making and procedures in a sophisticated, clinical facility.
The mission of the College of Science and Health is threefold:
- To provide undergraduate students with a sound foundation in mathematics, science, and the application of this knowledge, which will equip them either to enter their chosen profession or pursue advanced studies.
- To provide graduate students with advanced knowledge and experience in their field of specialization, which will allow them to move to the forefront of their profession.
- To reach out to the community and provide services that fulfill the needs of the general population.
Goals of the College of Science and Health:
- To support implementation of the WPU 2012-2022 strategic plan through the integration of the COSH and WPU Strategic Plans where applicable
- To become the college of first choice among our peer institutions for students who apply to regional colleges and universities that are seeking careers in STEM or health disciplines
- To provide real world experiences to all students in all majors; and To support life-long alumni relationships with the WPU College of Science and Health.