_ Rental Car _ _ Return _ Garage A _ (Long Term) _ Garage A _ (Short Term) _ _ Rental Car _ _ Ready Lot _
_ South Lot _ _ Main Departures Terminal _
_ Arrivals Terminal / Baggage Claim _ _ Garage B _ _ Garage C _
Parking Lot Assistance
- Parking lots and garages are within a short walk of the Arrivals and Departures terminals.
- Surface Lots: Two short-term lots and one long-term lot adjacent to the Departures Terminal.
- Garages: Short-term and long-term parking in Garage A. Long-term parking Garages B and C. Long-term parking for oversized vehicles in Surface Lot D. Maximum height allowances: Garage A 8′ 2″, Garages B and C 6′ 7″.
- Arrivals Terminal and adjacent parking Garages A, B and C are connected to the Departures Terminal by a climate-controlled elevated pedestrian walkway. Walk from your car to your gate in covered comfort.
- Park curbside at the Arrivals Terminal to pick up arriving passengers. Vehicles must be attended at all times; no minimum or maximum wait time.
- Service Response phones in all parking garages. Security guards on duty 24 hours daily to assist with battery jumps and lock-outs.
- Security escort service between terminals and parking facilities available on request.
- Wheelchair ramps and reserved spaces for handicapped located in all parking facilities. Disabled patrons are permitted to park free of charge for the first four (4) hours per day in our short-term parking lots only. After the first four hours, prevailing rates apply.
Parking Payment Information
Cashier and credit card self-service lanes are open 24 hours/day and accept all major credit cards. We accept VISA and Master Card debit cards that can be processed as credit cards. Debit cards cannot be used if a PIN number is required.
- Short term Parking
- $1.00 per each half hour, or any part thereof, $24.00 maximum per day North Lot, South Lot, Garage A*
- North Lot, South Lot, Garage A*
- Long-Term Parking
- 1.00 per each half hour, or any part thereof, $9.00 maximum per day
- East Lot, Garage A,B and C*, Lot D for Oversized Vehicles
Parking Administration Assistance
Questions or comments regarding parking should be made through the Parking Administration Office at(757) 857-3348, or call (757) 857-3340 for recorded parking information. The Parking Administration office is located on the second floor of the Arrivals Terminal above Baggage Claim 5 and is open 24 hours/day.
Norfolk International Airport is located one mile east of Interstate 64 Exit 279-Norview Avenue at 2200 Norview Avenue, Norfolk, VA 23518
Rental Car Reservation and Pick Up
Rental car reservation desks and vehicle pickup lots are located in the Arrivals Terminal
Rental Car Return Facility
Location: South of the Main Departures Terminal – 2 minute walk
Hours: 6:00 A.M. – 10:00 P.M. Daily – 24 hour key drop boxes available for off-hours
- Waiting lounge
- Departures flight monitors
- SmarteSmarte Cartes
Shuttle transfer to Departures Terminal may be provided upon request at the Rental Car Agency in inclement weather or for those needing assistance
- The airport shuttle service is operated by James River Transportation, serving Virginia since 1928. The shuttle service operates between Norfolk International Airport and all of Coastal Virginia–Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Portsmouth and Suffolk in Southside Coastal Virginia–and Williamsburg, Hampton, Newport News, Jamestown and Yorktown on the Virginia Peninsula. Service is also available to many other destinations.
- James River Transportation offers reasonable fixed rates to the entire area. Professional uniformed drivers provide service with new Ford Flex vehicles. All vehicles are equipped with GPS satellite tracking and surveillance cameras for added safety and security. Advance reservations are not required for arriving passengers but are recommended.
- James River Transportation offers wheelchair accessible vehicles are available upon request with at least a 48-hour notice. This service is provided through an independent operator who is insured and is properly licensed through the State of Virginia. For information on rates and reservation, contact James River Transportation toll free at 866-823-4626.
- James River Transportation’s counter is located in the Arrivals Terminal (baggage claim area) near baggage carousel 3 and is staffed 24 hours daily.
Outer Banks of North Carolina Transportation
Norfolk International Airport is the closest and most convenient airport serving North Carolina’s Outer Banks.
Airport Based Transportation Companies
Click here for telephone numbers for James River Transportation, rental car companies and taxis located at Norfolk International Airport
The following organizations offer useful information about Outer Banks access including ground and air transportation providers requiring prearranged reservations